miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2015

Dawson Island... a place full of memories

During our lives, we have been told that the conquer of any place includes the extinction of the habitants of the territory or the imposition of the new culture by transforming the old ones into slaves.
The situation in Dawson’s Island was not very different to the rest of the story of our country. The story of Dawson’s Island is full of selknam's blood and impositions of the colonial people.
In my opinion the documental was full of critics, but also full of feelings of the people that suffered the fact of being political prisoners just for the reasons of being part of Allende’s government.

I didn't live in that period of the history so I think that I'm not the person with the rights to tell which government was the right or the wrong. However I can say, with all the rights that being a human concerns me, that nobody has the enough power or superiority of taking anyone from their places as a prisoner without any reason. Besides, I believe that the period of the history of Chile was important and the people have the right to visit and know what happened in that place, so nobody can prohibit to Chilean people to visit a place as important as Dawson’s Island. We can let the past in the past, but the memories in the territory will remain.

5 comentarios:

  1. pretty nice and partial opinion without forgetting the importance of memory :)

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Accurate thoughts of a thoughtful person. I'm with you in every aspects of your opinion, specially when you said that this video is rich in feelings.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. you are right, I think that is very important to chilean people can go to Dawson island.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I agree in the most part of your opinion, but in my personal opinion isn't necessary have lived in the period of history in which the events occurred to have a critical opinion about it.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. I agree with you, it´s very important that we can know our history, the history makes us who we are :)

    ResponderBorrar