miércoles, 28 de octubre de 2015

The Harlequins

Today I'm going to talk about a piece of art that I've always considered an important part of the identity of my house. First of all, let me tell you that it's definitely not my favorite piece of art, however, I think that it is more important than any.
There are some porcelain dolls that my mother painted and designed the clothes. They used to be more with different styles, ones used to have beautifull dresses and hats, but now we only have two dressed as harlequin. I really don't know why we have kept the creeper ones, but after being afraid years of them, I also started to think that they are pretty.


This are the two harlequins that my mother made, (the third one in the picture I really don't know where it came from)


,  the green and the gold one. If you see, every detail was handmade. The eyes, the hat, the clothes. With their white skin and red lips they stand out even if they are in the darkest corner of the house.

They used to be in the living room, but now they have their place on the dining room. I think that they will be in my house forever, and they also take care of it.

4 comentarios:

  1. They are truly amazing!!! It congratulates your mother for me, is very talented. But, I think if I stayed alone with the dolls would give me very afraid jaja
    The details are very impressive!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I agree with cata, they are amazing. I laughed when you said you kept the creepy ones haha. Personally I don't like dolls, but I can notice the hardwork of a handmade piece like those. Congratulations on your mother

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I love them in a way, there are so spooky. Try to sell one like a haunted doll on Ebay.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Tamara:

    WC: 213. OK.

    Very interesting story, the harlequins. You maintain the reader's interest all through. Interesting pieces, indeed.

    Please, have a look at the following obs.;

    … ones…(SOME? ONE?) used to have beautiful(l) dresses and hats,

    … two dressed as harlequinS.
    …but after being afraid (years) of them FOR YEARS,

    (This) THESE are the two harlequins …


    …they have their place (on) IN the dining room.

    Cheers,

    ResponderBorrar